If your marketing activity doesn’t include postcards, you’re overlooking a highly effective and very low-cost sales tool.
Here are 12 reasons postcards should be part of your medical marketing program.
- Postcards Design is Easy– designing an effective postcard is not complicated. It can be as simple as printing your best small message on a 4 6 card and sending it to a list of potential patients informing them about your office or a new procedure that is being done in your practice.
- Postcards Promote Good Will– send out Thank You cards to show your gratitude in friends and family members referred to your office. Send out birthday cards to recognize their important day. Send out reminder cards to get current patients coming back and keeping their care consistent.
- Postcard Printing is Relatively Inexpensive– You can print postcards with your own computer for pennies each or have them printed professionally for around 4-8 cents each.
- Postcard Postage is Thrifty– Unless you get into specialty sizes, it costs less to mail a postcard than a letter.
- Postcards are Read More Often– because postcards are delivered “ready to read”, almost everybody will read it- even people who usually throw out other types of direct mail without opening it. (even people coming into contact with the card may read it- an added bonus)
- Postcards Produce Fast Results– Because postcards are simple and easy to use- they produce results fast. You can mail postcards within a few days of deciding to use them…and you’ll start getting calls for appointments within 2-3 days.
- Postcards Can be Posted– Postcards can be posted on bulletin boards or attached with magnets to refrigerators so that they are in easy site to remind the individual to contact your office.
- Postcards Can Be Shared– Postcards are easy to handle and can be passed on to others- friends and family providing referrals for prospective patients.
- Postcard Results are Easy to Measure– Postcards normally generate over 90% of their total response within 7-10 days. This enables you to quickly and accurately evaluate the results of a postcard campaign.
- Postcards Make you Standout– Nowadays, much of the “mailing” is done online so that returning to snail mail, makes you stand out from your competitors
- Postcards Hit Their Targets Better– You can accurately target your patients by sending postcards only to mailing lists of prospects likely to be interested in the services you provide.
- Postcards Put YOU in Control– You can quickly boost or reduce your office appointment load anytime you want by simply regulating the number of postcards you mail and how often you mail them.
Ready to start a postcard campaign? Give it a try. Contact me at 561-325-9664 and I can get you started!