Social media acts the same as spreading word of mouth about you and your business. The only difference is that it’s on a computer screen. Participation affords many advantages.
- Your social media posts and comments are available to millions of viewers
- Prospective patients will decide to use your services over competitors and peers who are absent on social media
- If a problem exists with your practice or a disgruntled patient complains about a dissatisfied result or care received, you can nip the problem in the bud before your reputation is injured
- Solutions you provide to problems people are struggling with, sets you up as a guru or authority in your field
- Increases traffic to your website from people who are interested in what you have to say, increasing your patient base
- Moves people down your funnel to up sell services or goods
- Converts prospective clients or patients into paying clients when they may have earlier been on the fence
Don’t be afraid to add a personal touch. Provide education and entertainment with a light touch to enable your personality to come through.
Social Media Manager
Perhaps you have sensibly decided to participate in social media but due to time constraints, it is not feasible or you don’t know quite how to go about it effectively. Hiring a social media manager is a great way to solve this problem.
Sit down with the social media manager and clearly communicate how you want responses to be made, information to be highlighted and topics for discussion. By talking it through, you can have the information posted in your voice. You will be necessary to allow access to your accounts but it will be secure by drafting a written agreement which will enable you to have control of the account including usernames and passwords once the manager is no longer in your employ.
Broach the subject of who will own the content that is posted after the job is paid for and have this in writing, signed by both you and the manager. Copyrights can belong to you or the writer (after first rights) depending upon the agreement that you have made. Failure to discuss this will spell disaster and discord down the road.
To hire a social media manager or see about getting a content package, go to www.CompleteContentPackage.com
- November 18th